Q: My 2004 Chrysler Pacifica is shaking pretty bad what could this be

I just bought this car it died on me and I found out that the head gasket was no good and it cost too much money to fix the head gasket so I used Blue Devil and since then is not overheating it seems to working be working fine my only concern is my car is shaking I took it to AutoZone and no codes pulled up someone told me the coil pack spark plug something like that I'm a female and I know nothing about cars I don't want to take it to a mechanic and then gas and I spend a lot of money on what it could be

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Typically is a spark plug or coil pack were bad, a fault code would be stored and the check engine light would illuminate. However it is not entirely out of the realm of possibility to have a bad plug or coil and not have a fault set. With the engine known to have a head gasket issue, it’s difficult to tell you that Component A or Component B are bad and just change that. Believe me, every mechanic wishes it was that simple. Sealers like what you put in, usually are not permanent and can even add to the issues. These sealers can clog cooling passages in the radiator, heater core, and even the engine. This can lead to damaging the engine more than simply replacing the head gaskets. There can already be some damage to the engine which is causing the rough running. Replacing random parts like spark plugs or ignition coils without first determining that they are actually the cause of your problem can wind up costing you more than having a certified technician provide you with a diagnosis as to why the engine is running rough. If for example, you spend $100 on spark plugs and an ignition coil that does not solve the problem. This can lead to now replacing more parts at random that may or may not solve the problem for you. Having the diagnosis provide you with what is wrong is the best place to start. In my years of experience, replacing parts randomly until you get the right one, costs far more than an hour of a technicians time to diagnose the vehicle. With the diagnosis in hand, then you can choose with who and when you want to repair the vehicle.

Hello, thank you for writing in. While the issue you are having is rather complicated if you have no prior knowledge, the best way I can describe it would be that the substance you but into the car to help seal the head gasket is no longer working. It is a temporary fix. When the head gasket has failed, not only is overheating an issue, but oil leaks and consumption are an issue as well, as oil is also retained by the head gasket. The oil can cause an issue with how the fuel burns in the combustion chambers inside of the engine, and instead of a nice smooth explosion, you are left with a shaking combustion cycle and engine. You should check the level of your oil, and make sure it is full and clean. While there are other issues that can cause these symptoms, if you know the head gasket is an issue right now, it is very likely the cause of your other symptoms. The faster you get this resolved, the less damage you will do to the vehicle. For more help with replacing the head gasket, contact our service department about pricing and scheduling.

3. My 2004 Chrysler Pacifica is shaking pretty bad what could this be