Q: Ignition switch problem

asked by on February 16, 2016

The ignition switch is faulty. From reviews on Jeep web forums, it seems to be the actuator switch. When I turn the key, all lights come on but, when turned to start there is nothing. It doesn't click or crank. Battery, terminals, starter, and solenoid are all good.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A faulty ignition switch is the most common cause of the problem you are having, but it is not necessarily always the cause; for instance, you could have an issue with your ignition lock cylinder, or linkage. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you and run a thorough diagnostic of the cause of your vehicle’s starting issues.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr