Q: Why does my temperature gauge go into the red when using the heater in my 1992 Chevrolet Lumina

Temperature gauge goes red when heater is turned on

My car has 147000 km

Hello. There area lot of things that can cause this. The first thing I would check is the thermostat. If the thermostat is not opening right then this will occur. If the thermostat is fine then it may have a weak water pump, a restriction in the radiator, or even a blown head gasket. I would test for a head gasket issue if all of the other components test fine. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection

3. Why does my temperature gauge go into the red when using the heater in my 1992 Chevrolet Lumina