Q: Engine swap

asked by on December 12, 2016

Hi, so I have a 1989 vandura gmc 2500 van and I want to swap out the engine with a more modern engine, who would I call and what changes would I have to make?

The question would need to be more specific. When changing out a motor with a used motor is hard enough to get the same year engine to work correct. You want to change out to use a more modern motor would be very hard to do and would require major modifications to the vehicle electrical and electronics along with fit and function of engine. I would not recommend attempting a newer model motor and going with a same engine match.