Q: How do I use the universal garage door opener?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do I use the universal garage door opener?

If your car is equipped with the Car2U® universal garage door opener (optional equipment), it provides you with a handy way to operate not only your home’s garage door, but other automated systems, like remote lighting systems, gate systems and more. Here’s what you need to know about programming it to work with a rolling code opener:

To program the opener to work with a rolling code opener, you need to:

1. Turn the key to on, but don’t crank the engine.

2. Press the two outside buttons at the same time.

3. Release the buttons.

4. On the opener in your garage, press the Learn button.

5. Press the button on the remote that you want to program. You may need to hold it for up to 20 seconds. Watch for the light to blink slowly then release the button.

6. Press the button again and let go.

7. Watch to see if the garage door opens.

8. Repeat these steps if the door doesn’t open.