Q: transmission shift shock

seem when mazda mpv warms while driving suddenly idling starts and speed ceases. I have to release the gas and start over sometimes this works and sometimes not to return to a few minutes of smooth riding. Also it jerks and when at stop light it urges for take of jerking all the while.

Hi there. A lot of times, engine performance issues are mistaken for transmission issues. The loss of acceleration and jerking taking off could be, a lack of fuel pressure caused by a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. Assuming, the check engine light is not coming on, leads me to believe the ECM (engine control module)/computer is not recognizing the fault. Diagnostic tests should be performed. I recommend having your vehicle’s speed ceases and jerks be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.