Q: Replaced water pump (no noise before just leaky) now there's loud humming noise and I don't have heat. Haven't tried driving yet.

asked by on October 28, 2016

My car is a 2003 Saturn vue 2.2 ecotech motor. The water pump was leaking so I replaced it ( though I learned after I just needed to do the seals) and now there is a loud humming noise coming from the water pump/timing area. I also don't have heat and I replace the thermostat correctly and tested it while replacing the water pump. What could the noise be? Why don't I have heat? Ps. There are no leaks at all after replacement.. Please Help!!!

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote
Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $224.54 Get a Quote
Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. From the description you have provided, you replacing the water pump and now you have a new noise and no heat, are an combination of things going on. First, the loud humming noise coming from the water pump/timing area concerns me. Assuming, you followed the repair procedure properly for the water pump replacement. It could be, the replacement water pump is faulty. Something is amiss and needs to be corrected before you go out and drive your vehicle. The noise could result into a catastrophic and an expensive repair. Second, no heat could be, there is air trapped in the heater core and needs to be bled and/or flushed. I recommend having your vehicle’s no heat and humming noise be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.