Q: My air is blowing cold-hot-cold-hot-cold-hot...

My air was not blowing as cold as it used to, so we put some coolant in. After that, it blew colder for about 2 hours and then it started blowing hot. Then it blew cool again, and then hot. It mostly blows warm air now, as if it does not work, but once in a while, it will blow cold air for about 5 seconds.

It is possible that you have a leak in the AC system. There are pressure switches that will turn off the compressor if the pressure is too high or too low. The low refrigerant level could cause the AC compressor to cycle on and off. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the AC system and make the correct repair.