Q: Steering wheel shakes at highway speed

asked by on June 03, 2016

When I'm driving on the highway and hit about 60 mph, my steering wheel starts to shake. The car also pulls to the left. Could a bent rim cause this? Are there any other common things that might contribute?

If you have a bent rim then you may also have a tire balance and front end alignment issue. Have the tire and rim put on a balancer to check for a bent rim and any balance or tire issues. Once this is done, have the front end alignment checked to see if it was knocked out of alignment if indeed the rim is bent. You may have also bent a front end component. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect why your car is shaking at your home or office.