Q: My car has transmission problems - 1990 Toyota 4Runner

At first my truck was stuck in 2nd great and then something threw my linkage for 4 wheel drive out, i got that back in place but now my rear drive line won't spin and my truck still thinks it's in gear, when i let of the clutch my truck stalls out but doesn't jerk at all.

A: Hello there, many faults will cause shiftin...

Hello there, many faults will cause shifting issues with your 1990 Toyota 4Runner. The most common faults are low transmission fluid, faulty shift linkage, clutch cable, slave cylinder, or clutch. If the 4 wheel drive linkage is faulty, it should be adjusted or replaced. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your shifting issues and make any needed repairs.