Q: Transmission swaps for ford 460

Is a t56 or a tr6060 it's predisesor better to match up to a ford 460

The T56 is the better of the two transmissions to mate with the 460 motor.

3. Transmission swaps for ford 460

Q: Long stall between 2nd and 3rd gears, plus whining noise

Hello Without having a good impression of the actual symptoms you are experiencing, it would be difficult to tell you the exact problem. I would recommend having your transmission fluid level and condition checked first. Then, if the fluid level...

Q: Transmission made grinding noise when I shifted from park into reverse or from drive into reverse

It sounds like the problem is in the transfer case. The fact that you have to put it in 4wd to move the vehicle tells me that it is in the transfer case. You either have a problem where it...

Q: Transmission shift solenoids

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Your particular car is very prone to complete transmission failure, so I would not personally attempt to make repairs to the transmission, as it likely won't fix the problem, or may act simply as...