Q: Transmission swaps for ford 460

asked by on October 29, 2017

Is a t56 or a tr6060 it's predisesor better to match up to a ford 460

The T56 is the better of the two transmissions to mate with the 460 motor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

It's gone into limp mode but is showing no faults

Average tune up cost on Nissan versa 2010 1.6 4 cycl.

There is no average cost of a tune up because such a service is no longer specified in the Factory Service Manual. Tune-up is a term that was mainly used decades ago when carburetors existed and ignition system distributors required...

error codes p0440 and p0404

Hi there. The codes you provided are commonly related to the EGR or Exhaust Gas Recirculation system; specifically the EGR valve or solenoid. You may want to read this article on what typically triggers these codes and possible solutions. ...

Auxiliary battery draining the hybrid battery

Auxiliary batteries can take awhile before symptoms may be noticed on a Prius. This is due to the hybrid system powering many of the components. In this vehicle the auxiliary battery is mainly used for starting. It could cause problems...

ABS light illuminated

Hi there. If the shop replaced a bad sensor then they should have cleared the code. Disconnecting the battery may do it, but the proper way to do it is with a scan tool. I would typically scan the computer...

Navigation screen not responding to touch

Your navigation system will likely have to be replaced as the system is non serviceable. This issue will require dealer level diagnostic equipment to diagnose the issue and to reprogram a new unit if necessary.

Left rear power window not working

I would first look at the window regulator to ensure the linkage isn't tied up or tangled or broken in some way. Also, check for the correct power and ground at the switches and the motor. This will show if...

How do I deactivate the immobilizer system?

The immobilizer system is automatically deactivated whenever you insert a valid key into the ignition, and turn the ignition to ON.

Car sitting low due to snow weight.

I am from the deep south and do not see any snow, but have been in areas of heavy snow in my career. My first thought would be that the vehicle rear springs were subjected to being compressed for a...