Q: ..I've got a ticking noise from the engine...

Hi..I've got a ticking noise from the engine(valve train i assume)...the noise volume increases when pressing more on the gas pedal and disappears when idling...could this be a valve adjustment issue---a cam follower(lifter). a rocker arm.?.or maybe a valve not closing or opening properly(staying partially open maybe)..this car has a SOHC..thanks

Noises in the valve train are usually consistent and don’t change much with engine load. Noises that get stronger when accelerating may be deeper in the engine. But adjusting the valves is not too tough on your car so it would be a very good first step. That will also give you the opportunity to inspect the condition of the camshaft. If you would like to have that done professionally, you can contact Your Mechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to adjust your valves and give you an opinion about the condition of the rest of the engine.

3. ..I've got a ticking noise from the engine...