what causes the seat belt light on the dash to stay on af...

Q: what causes the seat belt light on the dash to stay on after you have buckled upand motor is started up?

asked by on July 02, 2017

I have a 2003 chevy Tahoe that the abs light and seat belt light will not go out after it is started

Hello there. In most cases, the seat belt light will stay on when the seat belt sensor is damaged, or the housing where the buckle is inserted is damaged and needs to be replaced. With the ABS light, this could be an indication of a damaged ABS module, individual wheel sensors or electrical harness failure. Having a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection will help them diagnose the actual source of this problem and recommend the correct repairs.