Q: Have no reverse and a transmission fluid leak

I had all gear and then I found out the connector to the transmission cooler was leaking i lost lot of fluid. I fixed the connector and put fluid back in and then went to put it thru the gears i some how lost reverse. Well when i put revers it didnt kick in but then heard a loud pop noise. An hour latee i see fluid coming from the middle of vehicle. I dont know if can easy fix getting reverse back. Also wondering why it would just disappear .Please give advice and explain what happened Thanks

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some potentially serious transmission issues. If fluid is leaking from the vehicle and the transmission is not functioning properly then I would refrain from driving it until the problem is resolved. A transmission that does not go into reverse can be caused by a wide variety of different issues, and could be related to the fluid leak you are experiencing. A few common causes for a transmission that will not go into reverse is a faulty transmission solenoid or low fluid. The transmission is controlled by a series of electronic solenoids that tell the transmission when to change gears. Each gear has a solenoid that is associated with it and can experience issues if it fails. Similar symptoms can also occur if the transmission runs low on fluid, as it uses fluid pressure to operate and shift between gears. I would try to determine where the leak is coming from, and go from there. If there was a previous leak I would check that first, as it may be possible that the issue has returned. It may also be possible that the leak is coming from elsewhere, possibly an unrelated system, such as the brakes. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location, to diagnose what may be causing the issue.

I would recommend having your transmission inspected by a certified transmission expert to determine the exact cause of this issue. It is very possible that some internal damage has occured to the transmission from the loss of fluid. It is a possibility that the transmission will need to be removed from the vehicle and taken apart to fix this issue so be sure to have this repair done professionally to avoid any further issues with the transmission.