Q: Car Normally starts, sometimes cranks for about 3-4 seconds

My nitro usually stars normally, but there are sometimes that it cranks for about 3-4 seconds before completely turning on. My dad has gone and talked with local mechanics and they believe that it can be the fuel pump, but because it does not always crank they say it is not the fuel pump. Because if it was the fuel pump it would always crank, therefore we have not replaced the fuel pump. The nitro runs fine the issue is that from time to time it cranks there is no set correlation to know exactly when it is going to crank it just happens out of random. I hope you have an idea to this issue.

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), air induction system problems such as a faulty idle air control valve, worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter), dirty fuel injectors, and contaminated or old gasoline. The fuel pump pressure and supply can be tested to rule that in or out. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.