Q: Battery ?

asked by on February 20, 2017

Car alarm going off for no reason . car was dying on my way home and i charged the battery.. What could it be ? I was driving home from the mechanic because he did some wiring since the rain caused a circuit problem

On some car alarm systems, if battery voltage drops below a threshold, the alarm goes off. In your circumstance, you should have the battery load tested to rule the battery in or out as a possible cause. The security system on your car was known as the Toyota Vehicle Security System (TVSS) and if it continues to malfunction, an auto electric specialist from YourMechanic can perform an electrical diagnostic - engine immobilizer circuit and get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.