Q: Rear brake clicking noise after putting on a set of shoes and drums.

asked by on November 30, 2016

I put new brake drums on the back and new shoes. Still hear like a ticking noise when I put on the brakes. Only on the right side. Can't feel it in the pedal. Resivior is full. Master cylinder is alright. Just don't know. This is the second set of drums I've put on it. Thought the first ones were out of round. These were ordered right from the Chevy dealer. Everything is new and appears to be put on correct. Do I have to order the shoes from the dealer too? Could it be the shoes?

Loud noise is coming from rear brakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the hardware to the shoes and see if the springs are sprung. A loose brake return spring will cause a clicking sound as its touching the drum when the brakes are applied. If the springs are the original ones on the rear brakes, then I recommend getting a spring kit and replacing both sides in the rear. If you need further assistance with a clicking noise after putting on the rear drums and shoes, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.