Q: My car has poor acceleration.

My car normally runs great in the mornings. No problem. Later on if going a steady speed or incline it may hesitate a little. Pushing the pedal more normally fixes that or by turning O/D off. Recently if I push the pedal all the way, the engine revs but the car doesn't accelerate like it should. Then it suddenly kicks in and takes off as if I have a turbo. Now it barely accelerates and the engine hardly revs. Now O/D barely helps however it is noticeably different if it's on. It seems as if something is clogged up. I have better response by lightly pushing the pedal versus pushing it all the way the ground. I changed fuel filter. It helped for 10 mins of driving then back to how it was. Codes read possible O2 sensor bank 1 and more codes. 6 total. This car has never gotten good gas but I don't think it's any obvious loss of fuel efficiency.

A: From what you’ve described, it sounds like ...

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you may have a mass airflow sensor that is giving incorrect data for the altitude you are at. This can cause low power, pinging, and O2 codes indicating a too lean condition. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can compare the computer data from the mass airflow sensor to your altitude and replace the sensor if it’s not accurate.