Q: My car has poor acceleration.

My car normally runs great in the mornings. No problem. Later on if going a steady speed or incline it may hesitate a little. Pushing the pedal more normally fixes that or by turning O/D off. Recently if I push the pedal all the way, the engine revs but the car doesn't accelerate like it should. Then it suddenly kicks in and takes off as if I have a turbo. Now it barely accelerates and the engine hardly revs. Now O/D barely helps however it is noticeably different if it's on. It seems as if something is clogged up. I have better response by lightly pushing the pedal versus pushing it all the way the ground. I changed fuel filter. It helped for 10 mins of driving then back to how it was. Codes read possible O2 sensor bank 1 and more codes. 6 total. This car has never gotten good gas but I don't think it's any obvious loss of fuel efficiency.

From what you’ve described, it sounds like you may have a mass airflow sensor that is giving incorrect data for the altitude you are at. This can cause low power, pinging, and O2 codes indicating a too lean condition. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, can compare the computer data from the mass airflow sensor to your altitude and replace the sensor if it’s not accurate.

3. My car has poor acceleration.