Q: Reduced engine power 2004 Grand Prix

asked by on February 23, 2017

My car keeps going into reduced power engine mode,I have replaced the accelerator pedal,throttle body,and maf sensor,the only code is showing is the oxygen sensor,but I don't think it's that,please help

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - you don’t specific what code is causing the Check Engine light to illuminate (oxygen sensor problem), but a failure of the pre-catalytic converter O2 sensor could cause a Reduced Power experience. Failure of the O2 sensor can cause the engine to run too rich, passing unburned gas fumes to the catalytic converter, a real overheat/fire damage possibility. I recommend a Reduced Power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.