Q: Whether I should by a 2003 escalade with 300,000 miles on it?

I simply would like your advice as to whether I should buy a used Cadillac Escalade with 300,000 miles on it? I test drive it tomorrow. If it doesn't make any funny noise, leak oil, etc. should I buy it? How many more miles do you think the truck has left on it? Anything specific I should look for during test drive?

Hi there. 300,000 miles is a lot for a 2003 Escalade, however, mileage tends to be less of an impact with today’s technology. The critical thing to determine is how well maintained the vehicle as been; and how many previous owners this Cadillac has. Some things that tend to fail quickly after 300,000 miles include major mechanical problems and systems such as transmissions, steering system components and emissions systems. It might be a good idea to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a pre-purchase inspection before you buy the car.