Q: i have a 2012 Nissan Altma CVT transmission will not shift out of 1st gear

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima with a 2.5 L the transmission will not shift out of 1st gear. I have reverse it works changed the filters and fluid car was not shifting right so i manual shift it work some what but now it will not up shift at all. You can try to up shift manual but is will not work. I was thinking the problem could be the step motor.

You will need to have the transmission scanned for failure codes since it may be a speed sensor or the transmission step motor is bad or even failure of the transmission itself and may need major repair or replacement.

3. i have a 2012 Nissan Altma CVT transmission will not shift out of 1st gear