My cooling fan has been running non stop for awhile now ...

Q: My cooling fan has been running non stop for awhile now it seems to be off track or dying out and making a noise. Do I need to re

asked by on August 23, 2017

My cooling fan has been running non stop for awhile now it seems to be off track or dying out and making a noise. Do I need to replace the fan or just the relay ? Also I took my car to Hendricks when I first noticed the fan constantly running. The tech told me I needed to get some rewiring done with the computer chip system. The system was maybe telling my fan to stay on but when I returned to get the work done the tech no longer was there and the new tech acted as if he didn't know what I was talking about so they basically got a free $100 diagnosis. Could this be the issue with the Dodge Challenger?

The radiator fan is computer controlled and you would need to have the computer scanned to see if the fan is having a computer or sensor problem or the fan relay is stuck in the on position. The fan has a low and high speed relay and the fan may have been damaged by running too long and overheated the relays or fan. have the system checked for codes and go from there.