Q: Hello I have a 2006 f150 XLT with a 2v 4.6. It has a cold air intake from k

Hello I have a 2006 f150 XLT with a 2v 4.6. It has a cold air intake from k&n high performance coil packs Granatelli and a programmer from Edge. The programmer is mounted on the dashboard. Admittedly this truck used to live in my garage where I would clean the cold air intake and recharge it with oil once every 4 to 6 months. I have not done this in about a year. Approximately six to eight months ago my truck when I would look give me an error code for the throttle position sensor Postion E. thinking about it now this is also when occasionally after driving for a while if I shut the truck off ran into a store or filled up the tank I would go to start it would occasionally give me trouble starting where it wouldn't start right up or it would stall out the first time so I would reset the key to off and then start over and no problem. Last night I got 2 codes 2126 and 2104. No pedal at all. I turned it off and restarted and no issues. No codes. What could be happening

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help you. Code P2104 relates the throttle position control actuator, and code P2126 relates to the throttle position sensor. When either of these components is not working properly, this can cause the truck to have intermittent starting issues as you describe.

When the ECU detects that the throttle position control is out of range or not in the position the ECU thinks it should be in, this code will appear. The throttle position sensor is a sensor that monitors the position of this and when it is not functioning correctly, this will cause inaccurate info to be supplied to the computer which will cause an imbalance of air/fuel to be supplied to the motor. This is what causes the intermittent starting and stalling problems.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

3. Hello I have a 2006 f150 XLT with a 2v 4.6. It has a cold air intake from k