Q: My 2004 dodge stratus keeps over heating . I noticed a crack in the radiator hose do i just replace the hose or new radiator?

My 2004 dodge stratus keeps over heating . I noticed a crack in the radiator hose do i just replace the hose or new radiator? The crack on the radiator hose has residue on it after smoking

Hi there. It really depends on the damage to the radiator hose and the location of the crack. If it’s near the radiator housing, it’s possible that there is damage to the radiator itself which is always a good idea to replace the radiator in that case. It also vital to consider the age of the radiator. If it’s never been replaced, it is probably a good idea to complete this service at the same time. You might want to first have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection to determine what was causing your problems; so the right repairs will be made.

3. My 2004 dodge stratus keeps over heating . I noticed a crack in the radiator hose do i just replace the hose or new radiator?