Q: What is the best oil to use?

Hello I have a 2006 hummer h3 with the 3.5 5 cylinder. I run 5w30 high mileage Mobil one synthetic and wanna change it to valvoline 5w 30 full synthetic, Castro full synthetic or penzoil. I'm consuming some oil with the Mobil one and was hoping one of these would help. Which one would you recommend and would be best for my engine thanks

Hi there. If your engine is consuming too much oil, then I would consider checking the (PCV) Positive Crankcase Vent Valve and see if its plugged up. A PCV valve can plug up causing the engine crankcase to over pressurize and force engine oil into the combustion chamber and burn off excessive oil. If you insist of changing your engine oil, then I recommend changing to Valvoline for high mileage. If you need further assistance with your engine consuming too much oil, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. What is the best oil to use?