Why my 2008 nissan sentra wont shift out of first gear. ...

Q: Why my 2008 nissan sentra wont shift out of first gear. When I drive speed of 30-35 rpm goes up way high

asked by on May 30, 2017

When I drive the transmission wont shift out of first gear. When I accelerate rpm goes up way high at speeds of 30-35. Engine makes a whining noise. Does it need tranmission flush or a bad sensor or solenoid

Hi There, It sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside and uses this pressure to activate solenoids that cause the transmission to shift. When these are not working properly or when you have low transmission fluid, this does not happen which usually results in erratic shifting patterns, or in some cases no shifting at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.