Q: Engine squealing when idling

asked by on February 10, 2016

After driving for a while and then idling, I hear a squeal coming from the engine. It sounds like it is the fan clutch, and once I start driving, it goes away. It only starts doing this when the engine is hot.

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $96.60 - $325.96 Get a Quote

Hi there. A squealing noise is a common sign that the rotating parts such as your belts are slipping on their pulleys. A worn belt will make this noise due to the loss of tension and gripping ability of the belt. A simple replacement of your belt(s) will solve this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr