Q: Tire clicking and grinding noise

The front driver's side tire makes clicking and grinding noises. I think it's the wheel bearing. I drive my car daily for work, and it's gotten worse over a week.

A: Hello. From your description of the noise i...

Hello. From your description of the noise it is making I believe either the axle or the wheel bearing are at fault. If it is the wheel bearing there is a possibility that the bearing has broken rollers or broken roller tracks. Either issue will cause the bearing condition to become worse if the vehicle continues to be driven because the rollers and tracks will become more out of shape, which will cause more noise and increase the chances of wheel lock up. If the axle is at fault it will likely be a bearing inside the axle which have a similar roller and track system as the wheel bearing. As I said earlier if the rollers or tracks are determined to be the issue it will get worse as the vehicle is driven and increase the chances of wheel lock up. A wheel lock up is when a wheel is being prevented by something from spinning. This will be dangerous if at happens, especially at higher speeds because a loss of control of the vehicle may occur. I suggest not driving it until it is properly fixed. I would suggest having a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and fix the clicking/grinding noise for you.