Q: I have a 2002 ford focus 1.6 zetec it died when I was driving I have replace the coil pack and checked fuses and have no spark

asked by on March 24, 2017

I replaced my coil pack check fuses and I still have no spark the check engine light isn't on but there is alot of oil in engine bay from a couple of months ago for got to put oil cap on after refilling the oil

Hi there. Sometimes when oil splatters under the hood, it can and often will cause damage to electrical harnesses and connections that control many ignition system components. The most common is the crankshaft position or cam position sensor. If these components or the harnesses are damaged, it will typically cause similar symptoms to lack of ignition spark. However, if you’re literally not getting any power from the coil packs, then I would double check your work, especially ground wire connections and trace backwards until you find the culprit. If you’re still baffled and can’t find the source of your issues, feel free to set up a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can assist you.