Q: Gear stuck on park. Brake lights dont turn on. Brake light switch has been changed the problem still remains.

Hi, so my gear got stuck on drive the other day and when i got home to put it into park i couldnt get past nuetral. I then engaged the shift lock and moved it park. After further inspection i saw my brake lights do not come on. So i changed my brake light switch and the problem still remained. I then proceeded to my interior fuses changing 3 since my voltometer didnt light up. After changing the fuses the brake lamp fuse and another still didnt light up. Do you have ideas as to what could be the problem. Thank you very much.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having a connection issue somewhere around the switch. Since you have a voltmeter or test light, you will want to test for power leading up to the fuses, and then after the fuses. If you have power when pressing the light after the fuse (this means the power is making it through the fuse), continue to trace that voltage until you find where it stops. This voltage drop is most likely going to be at an electrical connection or terminal, a broken or frayed wire, a faulty switch, or a bad ground connection. Currently the vehicle is in a safety mode, and tracking down the cause of the brake light switch issue needs to be the main focus. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Gear stuck on park. Brake lights dont turn on. Brake light switch has been changed the problem still remains.