I asked yesterday with no response vfrom Your Mechanic. I...

Q: I asked yesterday with no response vfrom Your Mechanic. I too have the intermittent Airbag light on. I'd like a quote.

asked by on July 25, 2017

My airbag light comes on and off intermittently. Why? I have been notified my S61 Airbag needs to be replaced but it is not available to replace. Is the light indicative of a faulty airbag? Quote??

The warning light signifies a fault in the air bag control system. The recall that you are referring to addresses a circumstance where the Occupant Restraint Control (OCR) module on the recalled vehicles (your model year is included, but check your unique VIN number) may short circuit, preventing the frontal air bags, seat belt pre-tensioners, and side air bags from deploying in the event of a crash. If the present illumination of the warning light were due to that short circuit, then once the recall repair is carried out, your air bag system will operate as intended. If, however, the warning light is due to other faults in the air bag control system, not covered by the recall, those other faults will have to be diagnosed. If you desire that the air bag system be diagnosed now, without waiting for the recall, you can request a warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will identify the issue and let you know of the required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.