Q: I have a 454 big block chevy suburban 85 c20 rwd and it seems to stall and misfire not allowing me to accelerate or even stop it f

I have recently changed fuel pump , carborator , fuel lines and put a in line fuel filter ( glass ) and still this problem continues . I have no idea I had some problems with the spark plug wiring and changed them finally started after multiple attempts ran great for a couple of hours then I guess after getting hot or normal temp it started bogging Down and died on me once .

Hi there. Typically when I see this issue on big block chevy engines, the first thing I do is check the distributor first. Verify the cap is not cracked, rotor is good, and the distributor is solidly mounted to the engine (not loose). Second, check your timing with a timing light to ensure it’s set accurately. Sometimes being retarded by 2 degrees or more can cause misfiring on these engines. It’s also possible that you have a vacuum leak; as not only will this impact acceleration and engine performance, but in some cases, it can cause a misfire on carburetor engines. Finally, check the coil on your Suburban. If you check all of these items and still can’t trace your issue, it might be a good idea to have a local mechanic take a look at your Suburban to help diagnose the issue.

3. I have a 454 big block chevy suburban 85 c20 rwd and it seems to stall and misfire not allowing me to accelerate or even stop it f