Q: Speedometer and Odometer not working, plus ABS and brake light is on

A few days ago, I changed fixed the rear passenger brake light on my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and the rear driver tail light. Once that was fixed, I went to change the bulb for my left turn signal, and then the front driver headlight went out. Then the engine light came on. It said I needed to replace a valve spring so I changed the whole coil and spark plugs. Then I changed the speed sensor and instrument cluster assembly, but the speedometer and odometer still isn't working. After those changes, the ABS and brake light came on. I went to NTB to get a reading for why those lights came on, but they were unable to get a reading from my computer. I'm not sure what is going on with my Jeep. Can you please help?

A: Hi! That's a lot of random electrical i...

Hi! That's a lot of random electrical issues! The speedometer/odometer/ABS problem may all have a common thread, however. The wheel speed sensor circuit is involved in proper operation of all of them. I would check that sensor and its connectors and wiring. If you need assistance, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the issue.