Q: Brake lights stay on

Brake lights were stuck on, I replaced switch which did turn them off, but as soon as brake pedal is pushed lights are stuck on again, any ideas?

Your brake pedal may not be returning all the way. Because the switch is activated by the motion of the pedal, if the pedal does not swing back all the way to it’s stop, it may not turn off the brake lights. Check the motion of the pedal and the return spring. Make sure the pedal is returning fully to its stop. If it is, you may be able to adjust the switch by disconnecting the wires and turning it in the mount. If your tired of working under the dashboard which is never pleasant, You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office and check out your brake lights for you.

3. Brake lights stay on