Q: Car makes cricket type sounds

Recently my auto mechanic replaced the following: power steering belt, tensioner, and the compressor belt. However, my car still sounds like a cricket. What do you think the problem is?

If the noise is coming from the front of the engine in the drive belt area, then quite possibly one of the engine peripherals such as the alternator, power steering pump, or AC compressor is at fault.

An engine stethoscope can be used to listen to the housings of these components to see if there is a rotational noise from any of the engine peripherals. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose and correct this engine noise.