Q: Oil leaking after oil change

asked by on October 02, 2016

I went for an oil change at minute lube and a day after my Buick started heating up and stalling, and I popped the hood and check the oil and there was no oil in it what so ever?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. Check the oil filter to see if it is wet with oil. If it is then the oil filter gasket from the old oil filter was not removed, causing the new oil filter to not seal properly. If this isn’t the case or if the issue still persists, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.