Q: Check Tire Pressure Light

My Check Tire Pressure Light is coming on and off. It said the Left Rear tire pressure was at zero however none of my tires are flat. I put air in the tires just to be safe however the light is going on an off. I am worried that it can be something more serious.

A: Hello. The first thing I would do is make s...

Hello. The first thing I would do is make sure that the tire in question is inflated to proper pressure. If the pressure is low, even by a few pounds, it may set off the tire pressure light. If the tire is properly inflated, then it may be possible that the TPMS sensor in the tire is defective. A defective TPMS sensor will usually require a trip to the shop, as the sensor is installed in the wheel, and requires removal of the tire to access.