Q: Warning lights and PO344 Camshaft Position Sensor

My engine light came on, with the ESP BAS and Traction Control light. I looked it up and it said P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor. I do repair work myself and need to know how to change the sensor. In my research I was reading the Cam Sensor AND the Crank Sensor should be replaced. I want to do this myself - can you tell me how to change the sensor? Thanks.

This vehicle came with three different engines and they all have different directions to replace the sensors. The sensors also may have specialized removal and installation procedures that require special tools for the seals and sensors. The code P0344 is for sensor 1 bank 1 having an intermittent problem that may not involve just the sensor. A long pinpoint test will need to be performed to verify and isolate the failure. I would recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose the problem for you before following through with the replacements of your camshaft and crankshaft position sensors.