Q: Brake master cylinder - 2010 Honda Element

asked by on October 24, 2016

I just replaced all 4 rotors and pads. As i compressed the last caliper, the master cylinder started overflowing. Is it possible the resevor simply had too much fluid in it. Or do you think I really messed up.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement $147.69 - $851.28 Get a Quote
Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Most likely what has happened is that when you were compressing the caliper to install the new brake pads, you compressed the caliper too fast and blew out the inner seal(s) in your master cylinder. At this stage you will need to replace your master cylinder. If you would like to have this done, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you and perform all necessary tests to determine the cause of the brake problem and proceed with the correct repair.