Q: Fuel and temperature gauge needles stopped working

The fuel gauge needle and the temperature gauge quit working in my car. Also, when the air conditioning is running, the needles do not move at all. I don't know what the temperature is or what the fuel level is. How can I fix this?

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. I believe that the entire instrument cluster may be faulty. It is highly unlikely that nearly all of the gauges will fail at once. I suggest that you have a technician inspect the real circuit board of your instrument cluster and test all of the connections going to the instrument cluster. If all of the connections going to the instrument cluster are good then the instrument cluster is likely at fault.

If you need assistance with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose the issue with your gauge and help you fix it accordingly.