Q: Misfiring and emissions leak in 2000 Ford Crown Vic

I've recently had a 230 dollar repair on a 2000 Ford Crown Vic for head gasket. The mechanic said that the number seven was misfiring and a very small leak in the emissions. Should I sell it now or keep working on it?

It all depends on what you think of the vehicle. These Crown Victoria can run for an awfully long time, but you’d want to find out what this misfiring is to keep this car up and going. If the misfiring is because the head gasket is starting to blow, you have to rebuild the engine or get rid of it. But if it’s misfiring because it has a bad ignition coil, go ahead and fix it - they don’t cost much. I would have the misfiring issue inspected in person by a qualified mechanic. A technician from YourMechanic can visit you at your home or office to diagnose your misfiring problem and let you know exactly what needs to be repaired.