Q: Road/wind noise from rear of vehicle

There is a lot of road/wind noise coming from my vehicle’s rear area. Recently, the tires were replaced, but this noise was present before that. Getting new tires didn’t make any difference. The higher my speed, the louder the sound. I’ve been to two different mechanics (one a dealership) and both told me this is not abnormal. But it is definitely louder than usual. Also, my gas mileage is down 2-3 miles per gallon and that has happened since the road/wind noise started.

Hello. It sounds like the weather stripping around the cargo area and the rear doors going bad, which would cause an abnormally loud road/wind noise. I would recommend having the weather stripping replaced in the rear of the truck to see if the noise is improved. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection to pinpoint why your car is making a noise.