Q: New wiper motor not working.

Tried 2 motors. Tested, there is power at the harness. Fuses are good. Motor was replaced because it was grinding and the wipers would move only around a 1/4". Now the motor does not even try.

A: The most likely cause of this is seizing wi...

The most likely cause of this is seizing wiper linkage/transmission. This is the part that the wiper motor attaches to, and actually relays the wiper motor motion into movement of the wipers. This problem is very common for VW’s. You can check by removing the wiper motor completely, and trying to move the wiper arms back and forth as if they were running. They should move with almost no resistance. My guess is that they are seized, and the wiper linkage/transmission will need to be replaced. You should have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check and, if necessary, replace your wiper linkage.