Hit a curb and coilover is rubbing tire. damage 240sx nis...

Q: Hit a curb and coilover is rubbing tire.

asked by on October 29, 2016

I hit a curb at about 30, and after that the coilover is digging into the tire. Slashed 2 tires in 100 feet. Any suggestions?

You most likely bent the wheel spindle or strut [https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/strut-assembly-replacement] causing the top of the wheel to bend in toward the strut spring. You should have the wheel, strut, lower control arm and spindle to identify what component get damaged. The force of hitting the curb can damage more than one of these components and a visual inspection should be done first to replace the damaged components you can see then perform an alignment to make sure the alignment is within specifications or there is more bent components that will need to be replaced and should be identified in the alignment.