Q: Van squealing and leaking power steering fluid.

I have a leak that appears to be coming from the power steering. Upon startup the van makes a loud squeal when turning the wheel, especially when it is cold. The squealing goes away after I add more power steering fluid. Recently, the sound has changed and almost sounds like a bad bearing. I replaced the power steering pump about 2 years ago.

The noise you hear is the power steering pump whining from lack of fluid. The leaking fluid is most likely the pressure line leaking fluid and would need to be replaced. The power steering pump may have to be replaced also due to lack of fluid can ruin the bearings, seals and other internal parts. I recommend you have the complete steering system checked for leaks by a qualified mechanic and repair as needed.

3. Van squealing and leaking power steering fluid.