Q: How are MP3 tracks and folders organized in the audio system?

How are MP3 tracks and folders organized in the audio system?

A: Your car’s audio system is capable of recog...

Your car’s audio system is capable of recognizing MP3 files and folder when loaded on a CD-R or CD-RW. It offers two different ways to play those files:

• Track Mode: This is the default method. The system will automatically scan, locate and organize each track on the disc regardless of what folder those tracks might be in. Each track is numbered when the disc is loaded (a maximum of 255 tracks).

• Folder Mode: Folder mode allows you to access specific folders and tracks as they’re organized on the disc. It’s best done with just one level of folders (you have a series of folders, each containing tracks, with no subfolders containing tracks). However, the system can recognize subfolders and the tracks they contain as well. You’ll need to manually select the folder you want to play.

Tips

• Your car’s audio system only recognizes “.mp3” files. Any other files on the disc will be ignored.

• The way you create the disc matters. Take some time to organize files and folders for simpler navigation.