Q: High pitch squealing while accelerating. New water and power steering pump

When accelerating from a stop, car squeals very loud. Changed power steering pump and belt pulley, and water pump. Noise continues...does not make a sound while idling, but when it hits about 2000rpm the sound starts. Please help me!!

Hi Brandon. Thanks for contacting us tonight. A squealing noise is typically caused by a loose belt - like a serpentine belt that drives the water pump on your Pontiac. It’s also possible that one of the pulley’s is causing this noise or even a wheel bearing. Regardless, this is something that should be inspected by a professional mechanic on-site to correctly determine the exact source and to recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. High pitch squealing while accelerating. New water and power steering pump