Q: 2004 Lincoln ls v6 my car runs bad when cold until it hits normal temp. The breaks are stiff during the warm up process

When cold my car runs bad it shakes hard it shuts off the break peddle is hard until the car reaches normal temp. I had it scanned and the O2 sensor and all coil packs came up including the fuel pump popped up I have had all of them replaced I have replaced the thermostat as well I have had all codes reset an the problem is still there I have also replaced both coolant temp sensors these are things a certified mechanic had said was wrong with my car I assume he was wrong I'm at a lost. Any ideas this seems to be a common issue with these cars but no common answer.

To identify the cause of poor operation like that you are describing, the cylinder firing patterns have to be looked at on a scope. That diagnostic reveals whether the issue is fuel or ignition related and also which cylinders are affected. Engine compression and intake vacuum should be verified to make sure the engine is basically mechanically sound. If the engine is mechanically sound, that is no sticking valves, steady intake vacuum, even compression, you have a problem in the fuel or ignition system. A possibility is partially plugged up fuel injectors, by the way. If that is the issue, or even a contributing factor in the rough operation, it’s best to remove the injectors from the fuel rail and send them to a lab (e.g., Mr. Injector). On car cleaning is not effective because each injector has an internal miniature, replaceable filter basket. Other possibilities are a vacuum leak, an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or a faulty throttle position sensor, problems with the mass air flow sensor, defective spark plugs, faulty wiring to the coolant temperature sensor and so forth. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2004 Lincoln ls v6 my car runs bad when cold until it hits normal temp. The breaks are stiff during the warm up process