Q: Check engine light is on

Codes p0725 and p0335 coming up on computer. Check engine light on. Okay, so my check engine light came on. I brought it to see what code it was and it came up as bank one oxygen sensor. Then a while after my car wouldn't start one day. My friend us a mechanic si he came to help. I bought a camshaft and crankshaft sensor from AutoZone. He put them both in but didn't try one at a time because it was raining out. The car started right up. But the engine light remained on. Then a couple of weeks later I go to AutoZone to get an o2 sensor and they checked the code again but it wasn't coming up o2 sensor anymore. Now it was saying p0725 crankshaft sensor and p0335 engine speed sensor. So I brought it to my friend he put it on the computer and erased the codes thinking it might be just a history code. Didn't work. Then he put a Nissan crankshaft sensor in instead of the aftermarket one. That also didn't work. Check engine light is still on. Where should I go from here?

Hello. If the trouble codes have remained after the crankshaft position sensor has been replaced then it may be possible that the issue lies elsewhere. P0335 is the trouble code for a crank position sensor malfunction. The circuit includes the sensor and all associated wiring and connectors, as well as the circuit within the computer. An open or short anywhere in the circuit will set off the light. If the sensor has been replaced with a new, original, replacement then the next thing to to look at would be the wiring and connector. P0725 is the trouble code for an issue with the vehicle’ speed sensor circuit. Same as with P0335, this trouble code can be set off by an issue with the speed sensors or associated wiring, or even the computer. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the causing these trouble codes.