I have an 01 Malibu that runs sluggish and stalls. Notice...

Q: I have an 01 Malibu that runs sluggish and stalls. Noticed the smell of fuel when running the heat.

asked by on September 21, 2017

I smell fuel when I run the heat, no leaks around fuel pressure regulator or injectors. The car runs sluggish and stalls and will not exceed 55 mph. Could the fuel pressure regulator be bad?

If you have a heavy fuel smell coming into the cars interior then you should check the fuel pressure regulator and fuel lines for leaking fuel. You should disconnect the vacuum line to regulator to see if fuel is coming out of regulator. If it is then replace regulator.